Be sure to check the bottom of this page for a list of the blogs that I follow. I hope you'll enjoy them too!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Project Runway children's dress AKA Project I need to learn to read a pattern better!

I couldn't wait to start making this.  It would prove to be a daunting task which entailed a fully lined skirt with built in slip.  Tiny red buttons filed (in a semi-straight line thanks to my lack of skill) down the back. I opted to leave off the small bow on the back as I felt it was getting to be a bit overworked.  All in all this was  ridiculous educational for me to attempt . I learned some painstaking useful techniques and it really 
was a fun dress to make. 

I choose some old fabric that Nana gave me from her "I'm bored with this material" stash.  It was fun  to contrast the sheep, cow, and piglets with the striped red and white.
Finished dress with matching doll dress.  I didn't use a pattern for the doll dress so the skirt is a bit of a mess.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! :D I love the little matching doll outfit. All girl clothes should come with one.

    ReplyDelete